Saturday

Jesus Taught Us ...

…how to pray. Because of this, I believe it is important to pay attention to what this prayer says to my heart... to our hearts...



Our Father who art in Heaven Hallowed be thy Name... I don't think of God as male or female...to me God is all of this, even more so, beyond all I can conceive; a God who cannot be enclosed... put into a box. Jesus invites us to draw near to God who is beyond human understanding, who dwells in mystery, who is all holy… to be still and know that

I Am God...

My God, My All, I praise and worship your Holy Name… the Creator of my soul… All honor and glory are yours, O’ LORD.)


Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven...

Jesus repeatedly tells us that God's power will appear and renew all creation. That God's plan from the beginning of the world would be fulfilled. God's kingdom would be marked by peace and justice. Good would be rewarded and evil punished. The kingdom, according to Jesus, is not far off, but already present in our midst, though not yet revealed.

"For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God" Romans 8:19

A favorite author, Agnes Sanford, in her book "Creation Waits" writes... "Jesus the Transformer needs us ; God's power sent into the world through Jesus Christ yet needs us smaller beings to transmit that eternal radiance into the world, that it may become His kingdom."

What a powerful thought… that God's will is for our good…for there is no pain in Heaven… no wars in Heaven… no corruption, no greed, no poverty, no loneliness, no fear, NO______________ in Heaven. And we are to pray for God's power to come about here on earth...and BELIEVE that as Jesus said that it is here in our midst and renew... restore ALL creation!Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven,,,Jesus...Jesus...Jesus... Say this slowly as a heartfelt prayer…let it become the fiber of your very breath.)

Give us this day our daily bread, (We are His children… and as children is it not childlike to ask for our very needs to live by.
Thank you, my God, for the work you have given me today, the food that is on my table, my family and friends, my time with you, _______________.)

and forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, (This is so vital for us to come to God and ask His forgiveness for what we have said or done to hurt others, to sin by thought, word or deed. And can you see, can I see, how we link God's forgiveness of us… by our forgiving others. Sometimes, I find it not always easy to forgive when someone has really caused me great harm, but I know I need to. I can not do it by myself, I need God's help to do it. I know I must forgive or otherwise I cannot receive God's mercy and this I long for.


Search my heart; O’ LORD and illuminate my sins … that I may ask forgiveness. I forgive … LORD, help my un-forgiveness that I may know and receive Your mercy.)

and lead us not into temptation, ( I don’t know about you, but I feel my life has been one big war zone… I have been tested... life has not been easy. When I meditate, I so often think of myself as clay and the process that clay undergoes before it becomes a beautiful, useful vessel. Yes, there is the kneading, the pounding to remove all air bubbles, the pulling apart over and over before the clay is ready to be shaped by the hands of the Potter into a beautiful, unique vessel and placed into the fires of life... A vessel to help and encourage others on a journey to wholeness!!
Yes, we need to ask God, as the Potter, to protect us from failing when we are tested, to help us to know the right thing to do, that HE delivers us from the evil which awaits us in life. To continue to pray...Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven...) but deliver us from evil... AMEN "

(When Jesus was led into the wilderness, He said to evil …”It is written!”)
JESUS...JESUS...JESUS... JESUS, I trust you!



The Lords Prayer Candle


http://www.trustiam.com